Tuesday, July 29, 2014

THE SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT BLACK BOOTIE


The black bootie. It has become an essential for me. It's easy to pair with jeans and dresses and it can be worn from winter to summer. So, why haven't I found the perfect pair?! I have two pairs as of  now. One is from Urban but the sides are exposed (aka no good for snow in the winter) and the other pair is from Forever21 and I totally dig them BUT the heel is a little too high (aka not the most comfortable for a lot of walking). Since Autumn is coming up (not yet, I know, but eventually) I gotta find ** my ** pair. Suggestions welcome!

1. Above is the Sierra Nevada bootie/ Modern Vice + Free People



2. Reina bootie from The Frye Company
Okay, so my family is totally a Frye family. It would be interesting to count up the amount of Frye boots we have among all of us. My mom likes the brand...so that means everyone can enjoy them. (lols) I even think my dad has a pair... but I may be mixing them up with Red Wing shoes... ANYWAY. I really like Frye! They're classic and cool. Walking into their Newbury location here in Boston is a dream. I'd have to see these babies in person- I'm not sure about the cut! 



3. The Wes Boot from Madewell ! Diggin' the heel, pointy-ness, and buckle. They're A++.


4. Classic Jett Boots by Modern Vice
So, these are kind of the holy grail of booties in my eyes. Probably because two of my biggest lifestyle/fashion/blogger/everything inspirations contributed in creating them. I like the fact that they're handcrafted right in nyc. And they just scream cool.

5. Handler also by Modern Vice
Okay, also really love these by Modern Vice just because of their simplicity. Now I can't decide if I like these better than the Jetts. Decisions, decisons...

Anyone out there have a perfect black pair? Let me know, peeps!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I actually have the Classic Jett Boots and I must say, they are heavenly! I bought mine at http://www.pale-violet.com. Follow their facebook cause they have sales ALL THE TIME! I believe I bought mine for $200, which is insane considering these babies run around $400! They lasted an entire Chicago winter and still look perfect! So worth the money.

    xoxo,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete